Monday 9 January 2012

Secret Message Invitations for a Teen Party

I'm so excited about my latest invitation project.  This one is near and dear to my heart because, for once, I'm designing for my own daughter who finally wants to have an actual birthday party this year.  After some brainstorming and combing the web for inspiring ideas, we came up with a clean, modern graphic (which appeals to her "grown-up" aesthetic) with the interactive element of a secret message (which speaks to her playful personality).

The front of the invitation features some red lens glasses and the ubiquitous moustache motif which teens seem to find so appealing.

Flip it over and you'll find a separate card tucked into the moustache.

Pull out the card and a "secret message" with all the party details is printed behind a screen of coded ciphers.


You'll need to read the message through the magic glasses in order to find your way to this super-fun soiree.


It's such a balancing act to create something artistic, clever, and at the same time appealing to fussy teen clients, so I'm thrilled (and relieved) to learn that the invitation was a huge hit with all her friends.

No comments: