Thursday 7 June 2007

Beaming with Pride


The other night, as we sat around watching a little television before bed, my 8-year-old amused herself by cutting up one of my magazines and making a collage. Now, I have piles of artwork made by the children --- handprints from pre-school, their first representation renderings (trees), and a myriad of school projects ranging from a butterfly made from tissue paper to a lump of clay painted black.

However, I was totally blown away by this particular piece because she seems to have distilled my favorite things on one sheet of paper --- birds, words, the New Yorker, collage, recycling. I forget how observant children are, and how they do process all the inputs (positive and negative) that they receive in a day, constructively and sometimes not.

Watching her, it was all so effortless, and I was momentarily jealous :)

1 comment:

Patricia J. Mosca said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece...It is suitable for framing!! And needs to be with you always...SO UTTERLY HAPPY!