Sunday 13 November 2011

Once Upon a Time...


A few months ago, I designed a a storybook-style birthday party invitation inspired by "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. "  Using a palette of sparkly gold, apple red, and royal blue, the design was fit for a princess!

I started with a flapped gift box covered in quilted gold paper, and applied the custom designed mirror artwork and illustrations to the cover and inside pages.  As a final surprise, the party information was printed backwards, and invited guests were only able to read it with the magic mirror mounted to the inside of the book.


For that last irresistible touch, I added dimensional elements --- sequins, foil flowers and leaves, gold dimensional paint, glitter puffy paint, a glass apple charm and, of course, a red satin bow --- for a truly tactile and visual treat.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Can you please tell me what kind of gift box you used to make this beautiful invitation?

Lea Antonio said...

I found this box at Papermart.com in their gift box section. Happy hunting!

jess said...

This is sooooo amazingly cute!

Anonymous said...

What material did you use for the mirror? Where can you buy it? Thanks.

Lea Antonio said...

I ordered plexiglass mirrors on ebay exactly like this one: http://www.xump.com/science/Plexiglass-Mirror.cfm?SID=12&gclid=CJmlra6Ox7kCFWXZQgod_X8Aiw

Simply hot glued them to the box.

Mrs. Missouri US 2010 said...

You did an amazing job on this! I'm in love with the Book Idea for my DD Rapunzel Birthday.I was wondering what you used for the pages and how you attached them to where they could be flipped over like a book without falling off?

Lea Antonio said...

Mrs. Missouri, I actually printed each page on one long sheet, accordion folded the sheet along the page edges and spray glued the end sheets to the inside of the box. You have to do a lot of measuring and adjusting, but it was the easiest way to turn out a few dozen.